Tomorrow, Wednesday 15th February, Save the Children will host the biggest ever charity Twitter Chat on the #hiddencrisis .
I will be hosting the first hour of the tweetchat with @Nicole_Cardinal via @savechildrenaus account where we will be chatting to @MarionsKitchen from 4.30pm. Exciting. We will be talking about the importance of nutrition.
As food prices continue to rise mothers in many countries around the world are being forced to cut down the quality of food they feed their children; tomorrow ministers, academics, inventors, TV chefs, campaigners and mums will discuss malnutrition, the #hiddencrisis that is killing 300 children every hour, every day.
Hosted by Save the Children in collaboration with the United Nations Foundation, World Health Organisation and The Million Moms Challenge, the Twitter Chat marks the global launch of their new flagship nutrition report, A Life Without Hunger: Tackling Child Malnutrition.
The Twitter chat, biggest ever attempted by a charity, will last 12 hours, spanning 3 continents and 12 different time zones starting at 4.30pm EST.
Other participants on the tweet chat will include:
- Agnes Binagwaho, Rwandan Minister of Health: @agnesbinagwaho
- Dr Stanley Zlotkin, inventor of sprinkles micronutrient powder: @Stantheironman
- Jeffery Sachs, Economist, Professor, Special Advisor to UN Secretary-General. Author of The Price of Civilization: @jeffdsachs
- Sara Ziff, New yorker, model, filmmaker, community organizer: @saraziff
- Kunal Kapoor, Bollywood star: @kapoorkkunal
Use the #hiddencrisis hashtag to participate and join the conversation.
To make it easier to keep track of the conversation and the schedule for each session, pop over to the tweetchat chatroom